My name is Laura Montes-Tallon. I am a Vinyasa yoga instructor, also therapeutic and restorative, based in Alicante (Spain) with an English Studies Degree.
I have a passion for travel and am a sports enthusiast.
Certified by yoga Alliance In 2019 with more than 500 hours in two training courses. One at the Himalayan Yoga School in Rishikesh (India), the other at the Hot Yoga Academy in Barcelona. Both training courses conducted in the English language. I am also qualified as a Sup yoga instructor for teaching yoga on a stand-up paddle board and qualified in Meditation, Mindfulness, Yoga Nidra and an AYurveda Instructor.
Yoga came about by coincidence into my life when I was given a yoga class a birthday present in 2014, since when I have haven’t stopped practising it. But it was not until 2018 when I enrolled on a trip to India and found out that I wanted to learn and train more in the yoga philosophy to help people improve their quality of life.
‘‘Yoga is a way to freedom. By its constant practice, we can free ourselves from fear, anguish and loneliness’’ -Indra Devi.
I have been teaching yoga since June 2019.From September 2019, I have my own yoga and meditation studio called DAYANANDA. I also arrange yoga events and retreats.
My classes range from soft Vinyasa yoga to a more dynamic form. I always try to adapt yoga to the needs of the students. Sometimes my sessions are more free-flowing and sometimes more intense, depending on the energy of the moment and the pupils.
I teach therapeutic and restorative yoga more in private sessions one to one, adapting to the individual.
In addition, I try to help people to reduce their stress and anxiety levels (mental and physical) brought about by the world we are living in. That is why by objective is to improve my clients’ quality of life, focusing on the present moment through Asanas, breathing techniques to become conscious of their body and as a complement I also use ayurvedic methods from Ayurvedic medicine.
Specialised in Meditation and Mindfulness and in Yoga Nidra. Calming the mind and body is necessary and an ideal complement combined with the practice of yoga.
I conduct classes in Spanish and English which can be in groups or individual. From beginners to intermediate level.
Duration & Details
- 100 hrs. Mindfulness and Meditation (Escuela Internacional de Yoga-Madrid) 2021.
- 50 hrs. Restorative Yoga, (Escuela Internacional de Yoga-Madrid) 2020.
- 50 hrs. Nidra Yoga Instructor, (Escuela Internacional de Yoga-Madrid) 2020.
- Facial Yoga by Ara Ronson, (Online July 2020).
- 100 hrs. Ayurveda Instructor, (Zentro Urban Yoga), Madrid 2020.
- 300 hrs. Hot Yoga and Therapeutic yoga, (Hot Yoga, Barcelona). October 2019.
- 35 hrs. Subyoga and Paddle Yoga Instructor, (European Yoga Institute). May 2019.
- 200 hrs. Vinyana and Ashtanga yoga, (Himalayan Yoga Association, Rishikesh-India). March 2019.